had a magnificent walk this afternoon and realized that i was really happy. what is happiness?
* sun shining from a clear blue sky for the first time in months
* the smell of freshly-cut grass
* the feel of the breeze on my face and in my hair
* the strength of my legs as they stride effortlessly
* the thought of seeing my sister in 6 days
* the thought of seeing my friend for the first time in 20 years in 6 days
* the first sip of coffee every morning – nectar of the gods
* the sweetness of my dog each and every day
* talking to my sons (one 200 miles away, and the other 3,000 miles away) and realizing that they are healthy and pursuing their dreams
* knowing that i have very good friends who’ve always got my back
* having memories of my dear mother and father that make me smile more often than make me sad
* talking to my brothers
* creating special gifts – sussies – for my sister and the friends i will be retreating with soon
* a cold, crisp glass (or two or three) of pinot grigio
this is by no means an exhaustive list, but one that i share from today.
may all of you find that there any things to be happy about each and every day.